Health, Hygiene and Life Skills
Research & Resources
At MarshMedia all of our character education programs are research-based. Find out more about the research behind our materials and discover resources to help enhance your classroom instruction.
- FREE Journal Pages
- Growing Up! For Boys Journal Pages
- Growing Up! For Girls Journal Pages
- We’re Growing Up! Journal Pages
- Just Around the Corner For Boys Journal Pages
- Just Around the Corner For Girls Journal Pages
- We’re Just Around the Corner Journal Pages: Boys, Girls
- FREE Downloads
- A Week of Beverage Choices: Boys, Girls
- Bathroom Design
- Getting to Know Me
- Getting to Know Myself: Boys, Girls
- MyPyramid for Kids
- One-Week Food Diary
- The Closing Rap
- Timeline of Changes
- What’s In Your Lunchbox?
- What’s in Your Lunchbox?
- Nutrition and Wellness Materials Addressing Weight Management
- Help students reach BMI goals and learn about healthy eating. It’s never been more important for children and young people than it is today.
No. 9562 GO SLOW WHOA – Nutrition K-3 No. 9545 Good Things First! The Way to Wellness 4-7 No. 9544 Good Things First! Nutrition Edition 4-7
- AIDS Prevention Curriculum
“These compelling programs … give kids the facts they need to make healthy choices … offering basic information in a non-threatening, easy to understand manner … a good starting point for classroom discussion.”
– School Library Journal
A Comprehensive Curriculum for K-8
No. 9549 Unity in Community – The Ant Show K-3 No. 9551 Blood Borne Pathogens and Other Germs 2-4 No. 9552 Immune System: Our Internal Defender 3-5 No. 9553 Immune System: Doing Its Part 3-5 No. 9554 AIDS: Facts for Kids 4-6 No. 9550 Blood vs Germs 5-8
The quote above is just one of the great things people are saying about MarshMedia’s new and updated six program series addressing AIDS, the immune system, blood borne pathogens, emotional well being and mental health. All six of these titles provide a very comprehensive curriculum for kids from Kindergarten through eighth grade promoting the good, healthy choices they can and should make every day.
These six programs help kids learn:
- Good mental health habits
- How the immune system fights germs
- How to avoid the spread of disease
- The importance of hand washing in preventing illness
- How to prevent HIV infection
- The facts they need to make healthy choices on a regular basis
For 43 years MarshMedia has provided the moderate, thoughtfully developed materials you depend on to address sensitive, timely topics. These new and updated programs continue that tradition of bringing you the most effective, comprehensive way to address kids’ everyday choices about their health.
We know you want to help kids be happy and healthy, too!
- Material Evaluation Form
- Download the form
- MarshMedia Spanish Health and Guidance Library
- Learn more
- About Our Consultants
- Download the document
- Bio for Joan O'Keefe, R.N.
- Download the bio