Health & Human Development
AIDS: Facts for Kids
AIDS: Facts for Kids - DVD/Video
Price: DVD - $ 79.95 or VHS - $ 79.95
FREE Pocket size Teaching Guide with DVDGive students information they need.
Here is a straightforward message for younger students: "Protecting yourself from HIV and AIDS is your own responsibility." AIDS: Facts for Kids puts to rest unnecessary fears about HIV infection, then focuses on the real dangers of uninformed or irresponsible behavior.
Beginning with the basics, students learn about HIV and how it disables the immune system, leaving the infected person vulnerable to an array of diseases. Students learn that we don't catch HIV from a sneeze, a water fountain, a telephone, a swimming pool, or other casual contact with an HIV-infected person. HIV is transmitted in two ways: by having sex with an infected person or by allowing infected blood to get mixed with our own.
This program offers straightforward advice to young students:
• Don't have sex
• Don't use illegal drugs
• Guard against any activity - like piercing a friend’s ears - that might result in the mixing of blood
This compelling program gives kids the facts they need to make healthy choices. "Offers basic information in a non-threatening, easy-to-understand manner… a good starting point for classroom discussion."
— School Library Journal
More Great Health & Human Development Titles
- A Baby Is Born
- A Boy's Guide to Growing Up
- A Boy's Guide to Puberty and Personal Safety
- A Girl's Guide to Growing Up
- A Girl's Guide to Puberty and Personal Safety
- AIDS: Facts for Kids
- Alcohol: What About It?
- Blood Borne Pathogens and Other Germs
- Blood vs Germs: News You Can Use
- Clean Kids
- Courtesy Counts
- GO SLOW WHOA – Nutrition
- Good Things First! Nutrition Edition
- Good Things First! The Way to Wellness
- Head Lice: An Itchy Problem - Updated
- KEEP IT CLEAN
- Manners Matter
- Safety: If You Feel Danger
- Safety: Out of the Danger Zone
- Straight Talk About Anger
- Straight Talk About Peer Pressure
- Straight Talk About Self-Confidence
- Straight Talk About Self-Image and Identity
- Straight Talk About Sex, Gender, and Media
- Straight Talk About Sexual Choices & Consequences
- Sun Sense
- Take Care of Your Ears!
- Take Care of Your Eyes!
- Take Care of Your Skin, Hair and Nails!
- Take Care of Your Teeth!
- The Immune System: Doing Its Part
- The Immune System: Our Internal Defender
- Tobacco: What About It?
- Unity in Community – The Ant Show
- Wash Those Hands Posters (20) - Poster Pack
- Wash Those Hands!
- Whatsa Hygiene?
- You’re Not a Little Kid Anymore - Personal Hygiene