Health & Human Development
Safety: If You Feel Danger
Safety: If You Feel Danger - DVD/Video
Price: DVD - $ 79.95 or VHS - $ 79.95
FREE Pocket size Teaching Guide with DVDBy stressing a single appropriate response to danger, this video helps prepare boys and girls to respond promptly and predictably to safeguard themselves and others.
We hope the children in our care will never have to confront a truly dangerous situation, but as this video stresses, every child needs to be on the lookout for scary situations and prepared to respond. When children feel danger, the proper response is simple:
• Get away.
• Tell an adult.
A group of third graders, the Safety Squad Singers, and an empowering theme song punch these points home and underscore a series of scenarios dealing with gun safety, with inappropriate approaches by adults, and with drug safety. Safety: If You Feel Danger prepares primary students to respond quickly and confidently in the face of threatening situations, to help keep themselves and others safe and sound. "[Safety: If You Feel Danger] is intended to empower children to make the correct and proper decision when presented with threatening situations. While not flashy and high tech, it is very effective."
— School Library Journal
More Great Health & Human Development Titles
- A Baby Is Born
- A Boy's Guide to Growing Up
- A Boy's Guide to Puberty and Personal Safety
- A Girl's Guide to Growing Up
- A Girl's Guide to Puberty and Personal Safety
- AIDS: Facts for Kids
- Alcohol: What About It?
- Blood Borne Pathogens and Other Germs
- Blood vs Germs: News You Can Use
- Clean Kids
- Courtesy Counts
- GO SLOW WHOA – Nutrition
- Good Things First! Nutrition Edition
- Good Things First! The Way to Wellness
- Head Lice: An Itchy Problem - Updated
- KEEP IT CLEAN
- Manners Matter
- Safety: If You Feel Danger
- Safety: Out of the Danger Zone
- Straight Talk About Anger
- Straight Talk About Peer Pressure
- Straight Talk About Self-Confidence
- Straight Talk About Self-Image and Identity
- Straight Talk About Sex, Gender, and Media
- Straight Talk About Sexual Choices & Consequences
- Sun Sense
- Take Care of Your Ears!
- Take Care of Your Eyes!
- Take Care of Your Skin, Hair and Nails!
- Take Care of Your Teeth!
- The Immune System: Doing Its Part
- The Immune System: Our Internal Defender
- Tobacco: What About It?
- Unity in Community – The Ant Show
- Wash Those Hands Posters (20) - Poster Pack
- Wash Those Hands!
- Whatsa Hygiene?
- You’re Not a Little Kid Anymore - Personal Hygiene