Health & Human Development
Tobacco: What About It?
Tobacco: What About It? - DVD/Video
Price: DVD - $ 79.95 or VHS - $ 79.95
FREE Pocket size Teaching Guide with DVDFact-based videos promote positive, life-affirming values to counter substance abuse among young students.
Half of all smokers try their first cigarette by the age of thirteen. This video reaches out to youngsters before that critical age and provides them with compelling reasons NOT to smoke.
Students will meet Janet, who is confronting the question of whether to start smoking. Guidance comes from an unexpected source, an interplanetary visitor who is trying to make sense of human behavior. As Janet and this ambassador from the stars examine the strange concept of smoking, they explore important questions:
• What about the short- and long-term effects of smoking?
• What about problem-solving, decision-making, and assertiveness skills?
• What about coping with stress, conflict, and negative feelings?
• What about the importance of family and social relationships?
Tobacco: What About It? focuses on the benefits of staying cigarette free. It gives young people solid, persuasive reasons for deciding not to smoke - and a battery of skills and strategies for sticking to their resolution. "The information is clear and well organized, and the actors are ethnically diverse... The topics covered are relevant for class lessons in health, social problems and problem solving."
- School Library Journal
More Great Health & Human Development Titles
- A Baby Is Born
- A Boy's Guide to Growing Up
- A Boy's Guide to Puberty and Personal Safety
- A Girl's Guide to Growing Up
- A Girl's Guide to Puberty and Personal Safety
- AIDS: Facts for Kids
- Alcohol: What About It?
- Blood Borne Pathogens and Other Germs
- Blood vs Germs: News You Can Use
- Clean Kids
- Courtesy Counts
- GO SLOW WHOA – Nutrition
- Good Things First! Nutrition Edition
- Good Things First! The Way to Wellness
- Head Lice: An Itchy Problem - Updated
- KEEP IT CLEAN
- Manners Matter
- Safety: If You Feel Danger
- Safety: Out of the Danger Zone
- Straight Talk About Anger
- Straight Talk About Peer Pressure
- Straight Talk About Self-Confidence
- Straight Talk About Self-Image and Identity
- Straight Talk About Sex, Gender, and Media
- Straight Talk About Sexual Choices & Consequences
- Sun Sense
- Take Care of Your Ears!
- Take Care of Your Eyes!
- Take Care of Your Skin, Hair and Nails!
- Take Care of Your Teeth!
- The Immune System: Doing Its Part
- The Immune System: Our Internal Defender
- Tobacco: What About It?
- Unity in Community – The Ant Show
- Wash Those Hands Posters (20) - Poster Pack
- Wash Those Hands!
- Whatsa Hygiene?
- You’re Not a Little Kid Anymore - Personal Hygiene